Overview of the Co-operative Arrangement
The following is a general description of the AGRIS Solar Co-operative:
- Each member owns a common share in the Co-operative.
- Each member has made a preferred equity investment in the Co-operative.
- The Co-operative has arranged the debt financing required and owns the solar units.
- Each solar unit has been placed in one of two locations: (1) on an eligible property of the member (2) on an independently leased property within a Solar Garden. The power generated will be sold to the Ontario Power Authority through the microFIT program.
- The member is paid a license fee for the use of the land where the solar unit is placed.
- Each member benefits from a return on his invested capital via profits of the Co-operative which is shared proportionately among the members.