The following is a notice of the AGRIS Solar Co-operative Annual General Meeting. The meeting will take place on April 6 in at Smitty’s Family Restaurant at 307 Grand Avenue West, Chatham, Ontario. Registration will begin at 1:30pm. The Call to Order will take place at 2:00pm. For full details on the meeting please download the Notice of Meeting.
As a Member we encourage you to attend to listen and discuss the operations of the Co-operative. As well at the meeting the membership will be electing three (3) Directors; two (2) of our current Directors intend to stand for re-election and one (1) new Director will be elected.
The role of Director is very important in the governance of the Co-operative. The Board of Directors will meet 4 to 6 times annually. Some of the duties of the Directors are;
- Establish the Co-operatives core values, vision, and mission statements.
- Determine the Co-operative’s strategic plans, goals and objectives.
- Prepare, pass and present for shareholder confirmation amendments to the Articles of Incorporation and the By-laws.
- Maintain board policies.
- Set key performance targets and standards and approve the Co-operative’s budget and business plans annually.
- Maintain policies and procedures with respect to conflict of interest, confidentiality and conduct review.
- Supervise the Co-operatives management of its investment, property, equipment and insurance requirements.
- Receive from management and provide to others those reports that are required and, additionally, those reports that the board determines necessary.
- Appoint, review the performance, and provide for the succession of the General Manager through the Management Agreements.
- Appoint the additional Officers of the Co-operative.
- Convene the Annual General Meeting, and Shareholder Meetings as deemed necessary
While the duties of the Board of Directors are varied the primary responsibility of the Directors is to protect the co-operatives assets and ensure the members receive the appropriate return on their investment. Director compensation is $150 for a full day meeting and $100 for a half day meeting plus mileage. For more information about the duties and responsibilities of Directorship you can contact Jim Campbell, Board Secretary at (519) 354-7178 or David Malott, Board President at (519) 678-3895.
Please download the Director Nomination Form. In order to nominate someone for Directorship the Nominee must be a Member of the Co-operative. Please remember that the Nomination Form must be received by the Board Secretary, Jim Campbell, before the Call to Order at 2pm April 6, 2011.
To register for the meeting please contact Jacelyn Flynn at 1-877-247-4701 ext. 27.